Over 1.4 billion people in 36 countries will be without proper drinking by the year 2025.
According to the WHO and UNICEF Jt Monitoring Programme Report of 2015, 663 million people lack access to safe water.
Closer home, In India, the sheer pressure of the population has led to sanitation issues: nearly 38 million people are affected annually by water borne diseases: 1.5 million children die of diarrhoea every year; Cholera and typhoid cause widespread casualty; 73 million working days are lost to water borne diseases each year: $ 600 Million is the estimated economic burden per year.
CONVENTIONAL METHODS ARE NOT ENOUGH:
Conventionally water is boiled and/or filtered or disinfectants used to remove germs.
But these are not enough to tackle unsafe water. The drawbacks are aplenty.
- recurring price.
- need for regular specialised monitoring and inventory of spares.
- disinfectants if not dosed in precise quantities turn carcinogenic
The Taraltec™ Reactor for water disinfection kills microbes in water from bore well hand-pump and motorized water lines thus eliminating water borne diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera and typhoid.
The Taraltec™ Reactor is ideal for all underserved remote areas as it has
- NIL opex, low capex.
- does not require any maintenance
- does not run on electricity.
- no need for specialised personnel for fitting the Taraltec™ Reactor as it can be easily retrofitted into a hand pump– such as the India mark 2 model (the most widely used hand pump in the world), or even into any motorized bore well within an hour by even a local plumber with no special tools, by just sliding the reactor into the hand pump water tank or attaching inline of the discharge side of the motorized water pump.
THE SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLE:
The scientific principle behind the Taraltec™ Reactor is inspired by bio mimicry. Just as in nature, a snapping shrimp (Alpheidae) attacks its prey by shooting a jet of water by snapping its claw, causing cavitation bubbles to form as the ambient pressure goes below the vapour pressure.
- On recovery of the ambient pressure, this bubble implodes with an intense localized energy release, with temperatures to the extent of several thousand degrees, pressures of several hundred bars with intense shear & turbulence.
Tests conducted on water run through the Taraltec™ Reactor at NABL approved labs certify above 99 percent microbe kill.